1 Thessalonians 1:1-10 (HCSB)
1 Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy: To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace to you and peace.
* Who owned and led the work in Thessalonica? Mk 3:14
3 We recall, in the presence of our God and Father, your work of faith, labor of love, and endurance of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, 4 knowing your election, brothers loved by God.
* What could we observe from the life style of those new Christians in Thessalonia? Gal 5:22- 23
* What convinced those leaders of their identy as children of God? Mt 7:16
5 For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, in the Holy Spirit, and with much assurance. You know what kind of men we were among you for your benefit,
* What could we observe about the gospel they brought to the Thessalonica?
* What does the character of the meaaenger has to do with the message? Gen 1:11
* What makes our example important in the process of witnessing? Mt 5:16
6 and you became imitators of us and of the Lord when, in spite of severe persecution, you welcomed the message with joy from the Holy Spirit.
* What do you think caused the transformation of their life? 1 Tim 4:12
7 As a result, you became an example to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia. 8 For the Lord’s message rang out from you, not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but in every place that your faith in God has gone out. Therefore, we don’t need to say anything,
* What must have contribute to their impact on the home and abroad for the gospel?
* What could we observe about their impact from the way the news of their own ministry came back to them?
9 for they themselves report what kind of reception we had from you: how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God
* What must have been true of their reason to adopt new life they saw in those Thessalonians?
10 and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.
* What must have happen to their values if they were waiting for the Lord Jesus?