Deut 8:1-10 (HCSB)
1 “You must carefully follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase, and may enter and take possession of the land the LORD swore to your fathers.
* Who is God to His people?
* What is causing God to give us commands? See also Jn 14:21
2 Remember that the LORD your God led you on the entire journey these 40 years in the wilderness, so that He might humble you and test you to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep His commands.
* What is God doing to his people before he leads them into good land?
* What does God want to see happen to us as we get through the wilderness? See also Psalm 119:67 & 71
3 He humbled you by letting you go hungry; then He gave you manna to eat, which you and your fathers had not known, so that you might learn that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.
4 Your clothing did not wear out, and your feet did not swell these 40 years.
* How should our life in wilderness benefit us?
* How have they experience His faithfulness during the tough time they have spent?
5 Keep in mind that the LORD your God has been disciplining you just as a man disciplines his son.
6 So keep the commands of the LORD your God by walking in His ways and fearing Him.
* What would cause God to discipline His pepople? See also Isa 53:6
* What does it mean to walk in His way? See also Col 2:6- 7
7 For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land, a land with streams of water, springs, and deep water sources, flowing in both valleys and hills;
8 a land of wheat, barley, vines, figs, and pomegranates; a land of olive oil and honey;
9 a land where you will eat food without shortage, where you will lack nothing; a land whose rocks are iron and from whose hills you will mine copper.
* What is God doing for us as we walk in His way?
* What could we learn about the land He is leading us into?
10 When you eat and are full, you will praise the LORD your God for the good land He has given you.
* What is God’s purpose of bringing us into good land?