Paul was thinking that he has been working much more than other apostles, suffered much more than those others for the Lord as an apostle of the Lord Jesus. Yet, he is saying that he didn’t use any of his rights as an apostle so that nothing might hinder the progress of the gospel he preached among the Gentiles;
· What could we observe about Paul’s heart from the way he refused to be a burden on the people he was ministering to? See also 1 Thess 2:9 Surely you remember, brothers, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you.
· What has been the motive of his ministry to those people in such sacrificial way? See also 1 Thess 2:7-8 but we were gentle among you, like a mother caring for her little children.We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well because you had become so dear to us.
· Who has the Lord placed in your path that you may help him to grow with the love of Christ?
· What is God saying to you about your own attitude toward the people God has placed under your care? See also 1 Jn 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
· What do you want to do with him/her in response to His voice?