Paul is facing questions about his credibility as an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ even from the people he has ministered to. And he is defending his apostleship. He is claiming the same rights that other apostles such as Peter has been enjoying from among the churches around;
· What could we observe about Paul’s encounter with the Lord Jesus he mentions about? See also Act 9:5-6
“Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked. “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied.
“Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
· What could we observe about the way God has confirmed his apostleship through other disciples such as Ananias? See also Act 9:15-16 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”
· What is Paul saying to those Corinthians about the proof of his own apostleship in regards to his ministry for them? See also 1 Cor 4:15 Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.
· What is the Lord saying about your own attitude for His call for you for the gospel & His kingdom?
· How do you want to respond to His voice/call?