Paul and Barnabas must have been treated somewhat unfairly by the churches as if they didn’t have equal standing with other apostles who have been acknowledged by churches. He is defending their credibility for the sake of the ministry of the gospel;
· What could we observe the way God has established the system for the livelihood of the Levites and the priests? See also Num 18:20-21
The LORD said to Aaron, “You will have no inheritance in their land, nor will you have any share among them; I am your share and your inheritance among the Israelites.
“I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the Tent of Meeting.
· What could we observe about the heart of the Lord about the need of His servants? See also Mt 10:9-10 Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts; take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep.
· What could we observe about Paul’s heart from the way he has not claimed what he rightfully deserved? See also 2 Cor 12:14 Now I am ready to visit you for the third time, and I will not be a burden to you because what I want is not your possessions but you. After all, children should not have to save up for their parents, but parents for their children.
· What is God saying to you about your own role for the kingdom of God?
· How do you want to work for the kingdom this week?