Though God is such an awesome creator of all human-being as well as the universe, God is considerate of people world. Though he turns the plans of the nations into nothing, He rewards faithfully those who fear Him. The true blessing is the blessings of the Almighty. For the king—everyone is not saved by the power of the horse/money!
· What could we observe the way God foils the plan of people/nations? See also Ps 93:1-2 The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed in majesty and is armed with strength. The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved. Your throne was established long ago; you are from all eternity.
· What could we observe the blessing of those who chose God as their God?
· What does it mean to have God as your God in the coming year? See also Rom 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God–this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.
· What does it mean to put our hope in HIm? See also Pr 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
· How would you like to put your hope in the Lord in the new year?