“He will be called a Nazarene.”: QT for Sat Jan 26, 2019, read Mt 2;
The Lord Jesus had to be called out of Egypt when He was young and couldn’t exercise His will, for His parent took Him there. Then God has led His family to settle in the town named Nazareth, in Galilee which has not been considered as the place for the Savior or the king. He had to suffer their discrimination because of His upbringing in Nazareth throughout His life;
- What could we observe the way God led His chosen son to be groomed in Egypt, then in Nazareth? See also Isa 53:3-4 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.
- What could we observe God’s call for the Lord Jesus for the work of the gospel? See also Isa 61:1-3 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,
- What could we observe the way God has liberated us from the bondage of the past as well of the trap of all kinds of limits? See also Rom 6:13-14 Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.
- What is the Lord saying to you about the limits and problem you had to suffer beyond your control?
- How do you want to respond to His voice that you might live as a channel of blessing to the people around?