But only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven: QT for Fri Mar 1, 2019, read Mt 7;
The Lord Jesus is challenging those who have performed many miracles in His name. He would tell them, ‘I never knew you!’ And even would tell them to go away from His as He regards them as evildoers. Let us consider about what we’re doing in His name. Are those the will of the Father in heaven, or what we’re doing on our own for Him?
- What could we observe about their miraculous work thy did in His name? See also Jer45:5 Should you then seek great things for yourself? Seek them not. For I will bring disaster on all people, declares the LORD, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.’
- What could we observe the heart of God from the way He doesn’t pay attention to what’s done without His guidance? See also Isa 29:13 The Lord says: “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.
- What could we observe about those whom He knows? See also Jn 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
- What is the Lord saying to you about the way you grow in your knowledge of Him in your daily life?
- What do you want to do differently that you might get to know Him more?