The Lord Jesus’s teaching on criticism or judgment is very clear even to us. Each of us is to be accountable to the Holy Spirit about our own purity and should not focus on imperfection of our brothers around? What would help us to see ourselves clearly that we may not overlook plank in our own eyes while we notice the speck in our brothers’ eye?
- What could we observe the way we see clearly and may not fall in the path of life? Ps 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
- What could we observe the transformation we need to experience in life? Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
- What is the pattern we need to establish in life that we might see ourselves growing in His image? See also 2 Cor 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
- What is the Lord saying to you about your own transformation into His image?
- What do you want to do that you might grow in His image in life?