The Lord Jesus is teaching us that the world is becoming a tough place to live in and the people will grow wicked during the last days whether we like it or not. Are we seeing it already around us? The trend will surely become more and more lawless and wicked to the point that it would be difficult to stand;
• What could we observe the inevitable experience of persecution we need to go through? See also 2 Tim 3:12-13 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
• What could we observe the impact of the desire to gain wealth? See also 1 Tim 6:9-10 People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
• What is the Lord Jesus warning us to be careful in our pattern of life during these last days? See also 2 Pet 3:11-13 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.
• What is the Lord Jesus saying to you about your own love for the Lord regardless of the trend around us?
• How do you want to respond to His word?