Though those Jewish communities have means to train people for the strict practice of religious life including tithing of all their income, there’s no means of keeping their heart right before God. They were doing well in some outer performances, but their heart was far from the heart of God;
• What could we observe their heart condition even they have all been circumcised? Act 7:51 “You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit!
• What could we observe their act of worship in the sight of God? see also Isa 29:13 The Lord says: “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.
• What was God saying about their heart-less religious performances? See also Hos 6:6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.
• What is the Lord Jesus saying to you about your own worship of Him? See also Rom 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God–this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.
• What do you want to do differently to grow in your worship of Him?