Though some of those eleven disciples doubted if He has really risen from death, the Lord Jesus didn’t seem to be concerned at all. He went forward as planned to pass on the commission to them. What matters is who He is and what He is going to do with them!
• What could we observe the way He plans to be with them? See also Isa 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
• What could we observe the commitment of the Lord Jesus to His followers? See also Isa 43:1-2 But now, this is what the LORD says– he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
• What would the Lord Jesus do to empower them for His work of discipling people? See also Col 1:28-29 We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.
• Who is the Lord saying to you that you need to teach to observe/ live out what the Lord has commanded you?
• How do you want to carry out His instruction to see him/her grow in the Lord?