Though the Lord Jesus withdrew from the crowd that wanted to make Himself king by force, they kept searching for Him even on the next day until they found Him with His followers on the other side of the lake. The Lord Jesus then teaches that the food that endures for eternal life is given by Himself;
• What could we observe the distinctive difference of the two different food the Lord Jesus is talking about? See also Jn 4:13-14 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
• What could we observe the way the Lord Jesus is promising the un-spoilable food for us? See also Ps 84:4-5 Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Selah Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
• What is God saying to us about our own experience of His presence’s impact on our life? Ps 84:6-7 As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
• What is the Lord Jesus saying about your pilgrimage— your own dwelling in His house each day?
• How do you want to respond to His voice?