Though the disciples asked whose sin caused the blind man to be born blind, the Lord Jesus answered the God wanted to see His work manifested in him. With the mud He has pasted on his eyes, the Lord Jesus asked him to go to the pool of Siloam to wash. The blind man began seeing as He washed in the pool;
• What could we observe the heart of the Lord Jesus from the way He dealt with the blind man, unlike the disciples? See also Mt 9:36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
• What could we observe the way the Lord Jesus had the blind men involved in His healing miracle for him? See also Jn 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”
• What could we learn about the man’s role from the way he had been sent without much happening on his body? See also Lk 17:14 When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.
• What is the Lord saying of an area of your life that you need to act in obedience to His word?
• What do you want to do in that aspect in response to His word?