People were divided on account of the Lord Jesus whether He came from God or not because of the miracles the Lord performed on the Sabbath. Even the parents of the healed man didn’t want to testify about what happened for the fear of those Jewish leaders’ threat to get expelled from the synagogue if they consider them acknowledging the Lord Jesus as the Savior;
• What could we observe the way the Lord Jesus convinced His followers to empower them for their witnessing impact? See also Jn 1:38-42
Turning around, Jesus saw them following and asked, “What do you want?” They said, “Rabbi” (which means Teacher), “where are you staying?” “Come,” he replied, “and you will see.” So they went and saw where he was staying, and spent that day with him. It was about the tenth hour. Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, was one of the two who heard what John had said and who had followed Jesus.
The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, “We have found the Messiah” (that is, the Christ). And he brought him to Jesus
• What could we observe the healed man so courageous in the way he testified about the Lord Jesus in such a hostile atmosphere? See also 1 Jn 1:1-3 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched–this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
• How does the Lord Jesus equip yourself for the ministry of testifying the grace of the Lord Jesus? See also Act 26:16-18 Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you. I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
• What is the Lord Jesus saying to you about the way you’re getting equipped daily for the role He wants you to play for Himself?
• What would you like to do in response to His voice?