The disciples of the Lord Jesus had to spend a while without their Lord Jesus, for they didn’t join Him as He withdrew from the multitude who wanted to make the Lord Jesus king. They saw that it was not an option for their Lord Jesus. But, their time without the Lord didn’t go smooth and they were in danger on the lake. Though they were afraid as they saw the Lord walking toward them on the water, they were willing to receive Him to their ship;
• What could we observe their heart from the way they didn’t go with the Lord when He withdraws Himself from the crowd? See also Act 1: 6-7 So when they met together, they asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?” He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.
• What could we observe their life while they were without their Lord? See also Jas 1:6-7 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord;
• What impact could we observe in their life when they were willing to receive the Lord Jesus in their midst? See also Col 2:6-7 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
• What is the Lord Jesus saying to you about an area of your life you need to welcome the Lord Jesus?
• How do you want to respond to His voice that you might see your life go smooth?