The crowds of people who ate and filled as the Lord Jesus performed a miracle with loaves of bread and fish acknowledged the Lord Jesus as the coming Messiah. But the Lord Jesus withdrew to a mountain by Himself, for they were about to take Him by force to make Him king;
• What could we observe the mission of the prophet/ the Messiah, unlike their desire that the Lord Jesus had to withdraw from them? See also Jn 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
• What could we observe the heart of the Lord Jesus from the way He withdraw Himself from among them? See also Jn 4:34-35 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.
• What could we observe the way the Lord Jesus stayed committed to the cause He came for? See also Jn12:24 I tell you the truth unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.
• What is the Lord saying to you about His call for you?
• What do you want to do in response to His voice?