There is a unique bonding between the shepherd and the sheep. They belong to each other. The sheep listen to the shepherd as the shepherd calls them by name. The shepherd leads them out of the pen and goes before them, and they follow him, for they know each other, and they belong to each other!
• What could we observe the characteristics of the sheep? See also Jn 10:27-28 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.
• What could we observe the bonding between the shepherd and the sheep? See also 1 Sam 14:6-7 Jonathan said to his young armor-bearer, “Come, let’s go over to the outpost of those uncircumcised fellows. Perhaps the LORD will act on our behalf. Nothing can hinder the LORD from saving, whether by many or by few.” “Do all that you have in mind,” his armor-bearer said. “Go ahead; I am with you heart and soul.”
• What could we observe the characteristics of the shepherd? See also Heb 13:7 Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.
• What is the Lors saying to you about your attitude toward the leader/shepherd he has set before you?
• What do you want to di in response to His voice?