The man who had been born blind didn’t go to the Lord Jesus himself nor was brought to Him by someone else. Everyone must have thought that its impossible to see anything happen to his eyes. But the Lord Jesus saw him and engaged Himself to see the work of God displayed in his life!
• What could we observe the way the Lord Jesus took pity on the blind bagger while his followers ask the question out of curiosity? Ps 103 15 As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.
• What attitude could we observe from the way the Lord Jesus dealt with the blind man? See also Jn 11: 4 When he heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.
• What could we observe the way the Lord Jesus surrendered Himself to God that the work of God might be displayed in his life? See also Gal 6:9-10 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have an opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
• What is the Lord Jesus saying to you about your own attitude of doing good work to the people you see around?
• How do you want to surrender yourself that the work of God might be displayed in your friend’s life?