Those Jewish leaders could not perceive spiritual blindness the Lord Jesus was talking about. The awesome work of miracle the Jesus has done for the man born blind was not visible to them for the blindness or narrowmindedness centered around their own perspective of God, His work and truth. Are we eager to see His glory;
- What could we observe the way God assures true life and blessing to those with spiritual hunger? See also Ps 107:9 Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.
- What could we observe the teaching of the Lord Jesus about the blessing of those who are spiritually poor? Ps 119:34-35 each me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart.
- What could we observe the way king David’s experience of God’s reward to his passion for intimacy with God in life? Ps 23:4-5 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
- What is the Lord telling you about your own spiritual hunger?
- How do you want to respond to His voice?