The tension grew as the Lord points out the reason they could/would not believe Himself nor His word. The intimacy between the shepherd and the sheep would let the sheep hear the shepherd’s voice and follow His footstep, for they know their shepherd well;
• What could we observe the heart of God for His people to hear His word? See also Jer 22:29 O land, land, land, hear the word of the LORD!
• What makes the hearing of His word so important for those who belong to God these days? See also Ezek 33:7-9 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.
When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.
But if you do warn the wicked man to turn from his ways and he does not do so, he will die for his sin, but you will have saved yourself.
1. What is the Lord saying to us to do that the world around us gets ready to hear the word of God? See also 1 Thess 1:5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit, and with deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.
• Who has God sent to your path that you might shine your light to let him/her know the Lord?
• What do you want to do that you may shine the light on the people around?