Time has come for the Lord Jesus to finish up His work in the world and leave to go to the Father. But because He is going to send the Holy Spirit to them that they might be guided and empowered, the Lord Jesus is saying that it is good for them that He is going away from them!
• What could we observe the impact the Lord Jesus planned to make in His followers’ life?? See also Mk 3:14-15 He appointed twelve–designating them apostles–that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach and to have authority to drive out demons.
• What could we observe the Holy Spirit’s role in the life of His people as the Lord Jesus leaves them in the world? See also Act 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
• What are we supposed to do to get impacted by the Holy Spirit in life? See also Gal 5:24-26 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
• What is the Lord Jesus saying to you about your impact in your world?
• What do you want to do in response to His word?