Two men sent into the land of Jericho by Joshua to spy out the land ran into the house of Rahab who know that the Lord has given the land to the Israelites. She knew who God is and determined to surrender to the God of Israel even it meant to go against her king and her people. God has guided those two men into her without knowing it!
- What could we observe the way those spies guided and protected by someone they have never met? See also Pr 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- What could we observe the way Rahab embraced the God of Israel at the news unlike other people? See also 2 Cor 5:7 We live by faith, not by sight.
- What could we observe the way God has rewarded Rahab’s commitment of faith? See also Mt 1:5-6 Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab, Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth, Obed the father of Jesse, and Jesse the father of King David. David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah’s wife,
- What is the Lord saying to you about how you should follow Rahab’s example in your life?
- How do you want to respond to His voice?