Rahab has told a lie upfront to the soldiers of the king of Jericho about whereabout of those Hebrew spies and protected her enemies who were spying out the land. She is asking them to show kindness to her family in return to the kindness she has shown them at the risk of her own life;
- What could we observe her heart that pleased God in the presence of the danger of her life? See also Heb 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
- What could we observe the way God has rewarded her act of faith? See also Heb 11:31 By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient.
- What could we observe the secret of Rahab’s blessing from the way got rewarded for her choice of faith? See also Heb 4:2 For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith.
- What is the Lord saying to you about you act of faith he wants you to carry out these days?
- How do you want to respond to His voice that you might get reward from the Lord?