God is having the ark of the covenant of the Lord of all the earth go into the Jordan ahead of people carried by the priests. For those priests firmly believed that the Lord said through Joshua and the people break their camp to follow the ark of the Lord into the water of the Jordan;
- What could we observe the heart of those priest who carried the ark into the water of Jordan? See also Act 27:25 So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me.
- What could we observe the power of the word of the Lord from the way it happened to the river almost overflowing? See also Ex 15:8 By the blast of your nostrils the waters piled up. The surging waters stood firm like a wall; the deep waters congealed in the heart of the sea.
- What is God saying to us about an impact of His covenant/promise of the Lord in our life? See also 2 Cor 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.
- What is the promise God is reminding you that you need to hang unto wholeheartedly?
- What do you want to do about it that you might experience the impact of the promise of the Lord?