Achan, who has stolen somethings and hid those in his tent somethings devoted to God has confessed after Joshua named him by the help of the Lord. For, he could not hide anything from the Lord who sees everything in secret;
• What could we observe the expectation of God from His people in the process of His work of wonders among His people? See also Josh 3:5 Joshua told the people, “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you.”
• What could we observe the way God works among His people? See also Gen 16:13 She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”
• What could we observe the consequence of Achan’s choice? See also Gal 6:7-8 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
• What makes consecration matters so much to God’s people?
• What is the Lord saying to you about your consecration?
• How do you want to respond to His voice?