Joshua restored His walk with God as he took care of the problem caused by Achan. God, who was silent when they tried to carry out their campaign, resumed His leadership about what to do next against the city of Ai, where they have defeated themselves. For, the campaign became God’s, not theirs any more;
- What could we observe the way God is sending them again to where they have failed? See also 2 Pet 1:3-4 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
- What could we observe the way God resumed His leadership over them as they carried out God’s command to consecrate themselves? See also Pr 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- What could we observe the way God stayed faithful though His people have sinned? See also 2 Tim 2:13 if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.
- What is the Lord saying that you need to go to where you have failed as you carried out your campaign, not His?
- What do you want to do in response to His voice that He might resume fighting for you?