Joshua is giving the 30 thousand chosen men to set an ambush behind the city. It wan the vary strategy God has commanded Joshua that he has passed on to them. God is commanding all of them to be on the alert;
• What could we observe the way God has commanded Joshua to learn again ‘How to lead the army for a campaign of the Lord’? See also Eph 5:10-11 and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
• What could we observe the way they had to learn to do about their understanding? See also Pr 28:13 He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
• What is the Lord teaching us about the way we are supposed to be on the alert in daily life? See also Rom 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God–this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.
• What is the Lord saying to you about your attitude to stay on the alert in your life?
• What do you want to do in response to His voice?