The time has come for the followers of the Lord Jesus to relate/pray to the father with the help of the Holy Spirit in the name of the Lord Jesus His Son. The Lord Jesus’ mission to prepare them to relate with the father has completed, and the Holy Spirit was also coming to guide them into all truth;
• What could we observe the sense of mission the Lord Jesus had as He started with His public life? See also Mk 3:14-15 He appointed twelve–designating them apostles–that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach and to have authority to drive out demons.
• What could we observe the Lord Jesus’ expectation as He finishes up the mission among His followers? See also Jn 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these because I am going to the Father.
• What could we learn about the secret of life experiencing God in one’s daily life? See also Eph 3:20-21 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen.
• What is the Lord Jesus saying to you about your experience of God in your daily life?
Lord Jesus is teaching about the work of the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of truth
in the world and in the life of Christ’ followers. His work will be guiding
them into truth through the ministry of conviction or reproving. But how could
we experience the work of the Holy Spirit that we might be guided by Him rather
than continuing with our life as we see fit.
What could we observe the work
of the Holy Spirit in Christian life as promised by the Lord? See also Jn 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my
name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said
What are we supposed to approach Him if we want to
hear His Word in life? See also 1 Sam 3:10-11 The LORD came and stood there, calling as at
the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!” Then Samuel said, “Speak, for
your servant is listening.” And the LORD
said to Samuel: “See, I am about to do something in Israel that will make
the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle.
What is the Lord’s warning we need to be careful that
we might experience His guidance in life?
See also Rom 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in
view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and
pleasing to God–this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any
longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your
mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good,
pleasing and perfect will.
What is the Lord Jesus saying to you about your readiness to be guided by the Holy Spirit?
The Lord compares the suffering of His followers to the suffering and pain of the women about to give a birth to a baby. Though the pain of childbirth is next to none in human experience, it goes away with the joy of new birth. No one will take away the joy one could experience with the risen Lord;
• What could we observe the principle of new birth through the suffering and pain/death? See also Jn 12:24-25 I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
• What could we observe the way suffering has been promised before the blessing/glory we could experience? See also Rom 8:16-18 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs–heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
• What could we observe the principle of fruitful life through pain and suffering? See also Gal 6:7-8 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
• What is the Lord saying to you about your perseverance for the suffering & pain you’re going through now?
• What do you want to do in response to His voice?
Time has come for the Lord Jesus to finish up His work in the world and leave to go to the Father. But because He is going to send the Holy Spirit to them that they might be guided and empowered, the Lord Jesus is saying that it is good for them that He is going away from them! • What could we observe the impact the Lord Jesus planned to make in His followers’ life?? See also Mk 3:14-15 He appointed twelve–designating them apostles–that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach and to have authority to drive out demons.
• What could we observe the Holy Spirit’s role in the life of His people as the Lord Jesus leaves them in the world? See also Act 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
• What are we supposed to do to get impacted by the Holy Spirit in life? See also Gal 5:24-26 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
• What is the Lord Jesus saying to you about your impact in your world?
The Lord Jesus is passing on some fundamental truth to His followers as He feels the time of His departure from the world. One of the major lessons He passes on is to bear fruit by abiding in His love. Read your journal over the week/ Jn 15 and see, ‘What the Lord has spoken to you over the week’ and ‘How you’ve responded to His voice’as well; • What has the Lord spoken to you about your intimacy in your daily walk?
• What has the Lord spoken to you about your fruitfulness as a branch of the vine?
• What has the Lord spoken to you about your sacrifice in practice of your/His love?
• What has the Lord spoken to you about your attitude for suffering & persecution you are supposed to persevere as His follower?
• What is an application you want to carry out in life?
As the Lord Jesus teaches about the work of
the Holy Spirit to testify about Himself, He is also commanding the disciples
who have been witnessing His life and work to testify about Himself. Is that
why the Lord has sent His followers into the world?
What could we observe the way the Lord Jesus
promised about the coming of the Holy Spirit?
See also Jn 16:13-14 But when he, the
Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on
his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to
will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.
What could we observe the way Holy Spirit
would work through us to testify about the Lord Jesus in times of need? See
also Mt 10:19-20 But when they arrest you, do not worry
about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the
Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
What could we observe the secret of effective ministry of
testifying about the Lord Jesus? See also Col 1:29
To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which
so powerfully works in me.
What is the Lord Jesus saying to you about your experience
of His awesome energy working in yourself?
What do you want to do to have His energy work in you
The Lord Jesus is preparing His followers as he is equipping them to get sent into the world. He told them that they have been chosen to go into the world for His sake. But He is giving them promise that though they would get persecuted as He has been, they would also keep their word just as they have kept His word! • What could we observe the way we have been sent into the world by the Lord? See also Act 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. • What could we observe the work of the Lord would empower us to experience? See also 1 Thess 1:5-7 Because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. You became imitators of us and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. And so you became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia.
• What could we learn of the way the Lord wants to work in us that we might see His work through our life? See also Rom 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will. • What is the Lord saying to you about your transformation that He might word through you? • What do you want to do in response to His word?
The Lord Jesus is commanding His disciples to love each other just as He has loved them! Is it something they could do on their own? The Lord Jesus is commanding them to practice it after He has set them an example of love for three years! • What could we observe the way the Lord Jesus has done to us because of His love? See also Jn 4:3-4 hen the Lord learned of this, he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee. Now he had to go through Samaria. • What could we observe about the heart of the Lord Jesus from the way He identified with those who suffer and hurt? See also Jn 11:33-35 When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. “Where have you laid him?” he asked. “Come and see, Lord,” they replied. Jesus wept. • What is the command Jesus is giving us as we follow His footsteps in life? See also 1 Jn 3:16-18 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. • Who is someone the Lord Jesus has led into your path that you should love as the Lord Jesus has loved yourself? • How do you want to practice His love with him/her in response to His command?
God is the gardener who planted the vine with a hope to see fruits produced for the glory of God. Yet, one could produce fruit as one remains in the vine. That makes our daily walk with the Lord Jesus, not work for Him is important since the Lord Jesus would empower us that we might bear much fruit for His glory;• What could we observe about bearing fruit in the Lord? See also Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. • What could we observe the purpose of God’s work in our life? See also Eph 2:10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. • What do we need to do in life to bear fruit for the glory of the Lord? Gal 5:25-26 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. • What is the Lord saying to you about your fruitfulness? • How do you want to respond to His voice?
The branches have meaning when they have a connection with the vine, which is the source of life. The vine is the provider of vitality for those branches; It is important for any branch to stay connected to the vine if it wants to stay fruitful or even maintain the life of any degree. • What could we observe the sense of security for our relationship with God through the Lord Jesus? See also Jn 5:24 I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. • What could we observe the importance of daily/spontaneous obedient relationship with the Lord so important? See also Phil 2:12-13 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed–not only in my presence but now much more in my absence–continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. 11. What could we see a possibility of fruitlessness in Christian life? See also 1 Cor 3:13-15 his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man’s work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames. • What is the Lord Jesus saying to you about your walk with Him that is the source of fruitfulness in your life? • What do you want to do in response to His voice?