The Lord Jesus lifted up eyes and saw the great multitude following Himself and thought about what He would do for them. Then He asked Philip to figure out what to do for their need. He came up with a reason why it’s not possible, but Andrew did what he could do. The Lord Jesus blessed what Andrew did and performed a miracle for the multitude;
• What could we observe the heart of the Lord Jesus from the way He thought something humanly unthinkable? See also Mt 9:36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
• What could we observe the Lord Jesus’ way to raise up labors from the way He asked Philip though He had the plan to solve the need? See also 1 Sam 14:6 Jonathan said to his young armor-bearer, “Come, let’s go over to the outpost of those uncircumcised fellows. Perhaps the LORD will act on our behalf. Nothing can hinder the LORD from saving, whether by many or by few.”
• What could we observe the faith of Andrew from the way he responded to the interest of the Lord Jesus? See also 2 Cor 5:7 We live by faith, not by sight.
• What is the Lord showing you your way to respond to Jesus’ interest?
• What do you want to do to follow Andrew’s example?